WANTED: Passionate Head of Development/CTO (w/m/x)
in travel/activities online startup
(Jn 46674) / City of occupation: Vienna, centrally located and easily accessible by public transport
- You are an experienced, technology-focused leader?
- You want to join a stable, yet still growing startup with fun, cool, sporty and positive products?
- You are not just looking for a job, but for a new passion?
We are currently looking for an experienced, dedicated engineering leader to become the CTO (w/m/x) of our customer, a B2C online startup in the travel/activities industry, which was founded 6 years ago.
Your future role
- Advance the technology vision
- Play a key role in setting technology and product strategy
- Lead the development of the platform, infrastructure and take the right technical decisions to drive rapid innovation, high quality and value
- You take an active part in the development process (about 2-4 hours of coding per day, java-environment)
- Define product architecture ensuring security, functionality, scale and high quality
- You are mentor and the first point of contact for your team (10-15 people) and you develop the technical skills of your team
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in managing and mentoring teams as a team lead, head of development or CTO
- Several years of hands-on experience in backend development and highly knowledgeable about the current technology landscape and able to quickly assist with and drive technology selection (Required experience with java/spring/mysql/nosql/microservices/devops/..)
- Exceptional written and verbal skills which demonstrate maturity, judgement, negotiation/influencer, analytical, ownership and leadership skills
- High degree of business acumen and technical competency; ability to balance and bridge technology and business needs
- Solid understanding and experience in the agile methodology
- Good-natured, sociable, emotionally intelligent and positive attitude
- Fluent proficiency in spoken and written English. German is an advantage
- Starting date: May or June 2020 latest
The special thing about this job
- Open-minded, flexible, casual and fun tech startup culture
- Opportunity to take action and shape a company's core product and success
- Flexible work schedule, home office, team events, sports activity
EUR 5600 gross/month (on full-time basis)
Between EUR 5600 and EUR 7150 gross/month according to qualifications and experience
If you find this position challenging, please submit your application online. Your consultant, Pia-Valentina Sorko, MA, firstname.lastname@example.org, will contact you promptly.